Effective Date : January 1, 2023
Your privacy is important to us. Dine Brands Global, Inc. understand your concerns regarding how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will use and share information about you carefully and sensibly.
Dine collects information relating to you and your use of the Sites to provide services and features that are responsive to your needs. Dine collects personal information in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect the following information about you, including, but not limited to:
· Information related to your business entity:
o Background information regarding your partner and business entity finances
o Requested region for franchise information
o Operations management experience
Information We and Our Third-Party Service Providers Collect
When you use our Sites, we and our third-party service providers automatically collect information about how you access and use the Sites and information about the device you use to access the Sites. We typically collect this information through a variety of tools including cookies, web beacons, pixels, social media widgets, other tools to enable data recording and indexing, and similar technology (collectively, “ tracking technologies”). We and our third-party partners may automatically collect such information as:
We process personal information in order to provide services to you and additional services you request, as well as to respond to communications from you. The precise purposes for which your personal information is processed will be determined by the request and by applicable laws, regulatory guidance, and professional standards.
We use information we collect from you and information that we collect automatically to manage and improve our Sites and our business. We take steps to ensure that your rights are safeguarded. For example, we use information to:
· To provide services to you which includes evaluating and communicating you regarding the prospects of becoming a franchisee
· To provide our Sites and its functionalities to you.
· To conduct data analytics to support our Sites and business.
· Manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyze website user behavior and conduct research and analysis about the way you and other users use our Sites.
· Manage risk and protect the Sites. We use data to better protect our services, our Sites, and you by helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Sites and our services.
· Conduct internal monitoring and training.
· Conduct processing necessary to fulfill other contractual obligations for you.
· To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We will use your information as necessary to enforce the terms of our Sites and services to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
· For other purposes for which you provide your consent. For other purposes which are disclosed to you at the time your information is collected or for purposes which can be inferred from or are obvious given the circumstances of collection.
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your personal information to third parties, except in the circumstances described below.
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal information we obtain about you and share with others.
Dine may collect, use, share, transfer, and otherwise process de-identified and aggregated information that it receives or creates for any purposes in its sole discretion, in compliance with applicable laws. Dine is the sole and exclusive owner of such de-identified and aggregated information, including if Dine de-identifies personal information so that it is no longer considered personal information under applicable laws.
Dine uses Google Analytics to process personal information about your use of our Sites. Google sets cookies on your browser or device, and then your web browser will automatically send information to Google. Google uses this information to provide us with reports that we use to better understand and measure how users interact with our Sites.
We use third parties and/or service providers to provide interest-based advertising services. These services may serve advertisements on our behalf that are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to websites (including our Sites) over time and across different websites. The data collected may be associated with your personal information. These advertisements may appear on our Sites and on other websites and may be sent to you via email.
To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads or obtain more information about ad networks and online behavioral advertising, visit National Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program . Changing your settings with individual browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads. Opting out of targeted advertising does not opt you out of all ads, just those targeted to you.
The personal information that we collect and generate about you may be transferred, stored, or accessed in a destination outside of your country which may have less strict, or no, data protection laws, when compared to the laws in your country. Any transfers of personal information outside your local country will be conducted in compliance with the international data transfer restrictions that apply under applicable data protection laws.
Dine does not process personal information for the purpose of marketing without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent or having a legitimate interest for doing so. You have the right to object to the processing of personal information for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at[email protected].
Dine does not make any automated decisions on your behalf or about you without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent. In the event we secure your consent to do so, you have the right to object to the processing of personal information via automated decision making at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have the following rights:
● Request access to your personal information.
● Request correction of your personal information.
● Request erasure of your personal information. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
● Object to processing of your personal information.
● Request restriction of processing of your personal information.
● Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party.
● Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
For more information on how to exercise any of these rights, see the “ Contacting Us” section below. Depending on where you are located, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your personal information. We encourage you to first reach out to us, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our apps. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We urge you to read the privacy policies of other websites before submitting any information to those websites.
Dine has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We strive to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, using security technologies and procedures, such as encryption and limited access. Only authorized individuals access your personal information, and they receive training about the importance of protecting personal information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].